28 February 2014

Twenty-Eight Days in February

Catch up on this project of mine at the links below if you're new to the blog.  This is the scheduled last one in the series (but I'm sure I will find a way to subvert that shortsighted rule.)

Thirty-One Days in March (Part 1)

Saturday – 01 February 2014


I think this one's a little too cheery, no?  


Sunday – 02 February 2014



Sweet Belle turned (6) years old today. 
  

Monday – 03 February 2014



Random ATL: 1180 Peachtree    


Tuesday – 04 February 2014



I had a site visit down in Montgomery, Alabama today.  The project is coming along better than expected but I could barely concentrate on why I was there due to the preponderance of trains passing by the property.  You know that wide-eyed wonder that little boys have about trains?  I still have it and man I hope it never goes away.    


Wednesday – 05 February 2014




Random ATL: Hill Street at MLK    


Thursday – 06 February 2014



My obsessive daily bridge construction distraction continues unabated.  Rebar cages make me happy...takes me to my way back, I suppose.    


Friday – 07 February 2014



Best studio meeting on record.  Read more here.    


Saturday – 08 February 2014



Out and about wandering this afternoon, I happened upon this dusty jewel at Moreland and Memorial.  I'm not typically moved by rat-rods but this bad boy had a Cadillac engine, so there's that.   


Sunday – 09 February 2014



Today marks the 50th anniversary of The Beatles first arrival in the states and subsequent appearance on the Ed Sullivan show – for no particular reason I commemorated this historical fact with roast beast, ten-dollar wine and '90s grunge.


Monday – 10 February 2014 


With the threat of a catastrophic winter weather event, some people rush out to buy milk and bread...others do not.  


Tuesday – 11 February 2014



Perchance the ATL learned it's lesson last month – the downtown connector was nearly deserted at 6:00 this evening.  That's an unexpected welcomed first for me.        


Wednesday – 12 February 2014




The snow finally came, so I worked from home today.  Maybe it was the uncommon view from the dining room table, maybe it was the sleeping dog at my feet, maybe it was pure happenstance but today was by far the most productive day I've had this year.  (I should get to work on my value of telecommuting speech to the bosses.)

Song of the Day: Lil' Tico - Big Ass Truck

Thursday – 13 February 2014




Belle and I had a helluva lot of fun in the backyard this morning before the big thaw forced me begrudgingly back into the office this afternoon.

Song of the Day: Shambala - Three Dog Night

Friday – 14 February 2014




A while back, years ago probably, I thought it would be cool to have a ukulele.  A few days ago I pulled the trigger finally and ordered the damn thing.  It arrived today and I promptly set about fumbling through Somewhere Over The Rainbow.  It's important to keep your brain active and engaged, right?  I can't think of a better way to do that than teaching myself how to play a new instrument.  


Saturday – 15 February 2014




Flogging Molly at The Tabernacle – epic as always.   


Sunday – 16 February 2014



I like it.  I'll call it Sunset Behind The Weeds if I still like it in the morning.      

Song of the Day: New Madrid - Uncle Tupelo

Monday – 17 February 2014




Random ATL: 191 Peachtree.    


Tuesday – 18 February 2014




I had a 7:00 breakfast meeting at the W in midtown this morning.  It wouldn't have been cool even if it was as impressive as it sounds but what it did afford me was a perfect view of 1st Presbyterian against a flawless blue morning sky.     


Wednesday – 19 February 2014



Random ATL: Georgia State Archives.  This has been one of my favorite buildings since day one in the A – there's just something about travertine, right?  It exists in no-mans-land, unconcerned between (2) freeways and I've never thought to try to experience it up close.  I see it every morning from MLK and I see it every night from I-20 in a different light and that's exactly how I'm suppose to.    

Thursday – 20 February 2014



I stepped way outside of my comfort zone this morning and went to a local elementary school to teach 2nd graders about art.  Faced with an empty canvas, the first little girl asked, what am I supposed to do?  I replied in the only way that I knew, whatever you feel like.  I don't have kids of my own, but I can imagine the satisfaction a parent feels must be tenfold what I felt when I saw the light go on and she and her classmates embraced the moment.  Today proved my life thesis that everyone has art inside of them just waiting to get out.       


Friday – 21 February 2014



I won my category in the 1st Annual Chili Cook-Off at the office today!    


Saturday – 22 February 2014



I had a peaceful nap with Belle this morning after a ton of ball time and a hot bath.  She left this afternoon for the last time to go live with her mom.  She's off on a new adventure now and I suppose I should do the same.  We had a long talk last night and she knows what's what.  I sure am gonna miss that crazy dog, but we'll both be fine. 


Sunday – 23 February 2014



Enjoying the beautiful weather and the Sunday paper on the front steps this morning I noticed that the Chrysanthemums I planted last fall are starting to wake up and peek through.  That's a wonderful hopeful thing right there.     

Song of the Day: Atlantic City - The Band

Monday – 24 February 2014



I took a right instead of a left on the way home from work tonight.   


Tuesday – 25 February 2014



I punched one of our data center projects in D.C. this morning – I think these guys are as ready for a new season as I am.  


Wednesday – 26 February 2014



It looks like Spring may in fact be right around the corner.   

Song of the Day: My Old School - Steely Dan

Thursday – 27 February 2014



A yellow house on a hill.   


Friday – 28 February 2014



Sunrise #365.     

Song of the Day: 25 Or 6 To 4 - Chicago



No comments:

Post a Comment