30 November 2013

Thirty Days in November

Catch up on this project of mine at the links below if you're new to the blog.


Friday – 01 November 2013



Some mornings call for extended flake-out time when I sit down at my desk.  Today was thus.

Song of the Day: Idaho - BoDeans

Saturday – 02 November 2013



Chili Cook-Off + Bluegrass Festival + Exceptional Autumn Weather + Back-in-the-day-friends back in the A for the weekend = Perfect Saturday.


Sunday – 03 November 2013



Fall is still happening and I can't get enough of it.


Monday – 04 November 2013



Commiserating the first work day after the end of Daylight Savings Time.  


Tuesday – 05 November 2013



At a site visit up in Adairsville this afternoon, I forced myself to look at the thing and not the color of the leaves on the trees or whatever nonsense has been distracting me lately.  This  is the second factory that we have designed and rebuilt after being destroyed by a tornado this year.  There is a satisfaction in helping to put men back to work that I can't quite describe.  


Wednesday – 06 November 2013



I always love this time of year, until I realize that I'm going to be driving home in the dark until Spring breaks.  

Song of the Day: Nothing For You - T.S.O.L.

Thursday – 07 November 2013



We competed in Canstruction with some of our engineering buddies tonight down at Colony Square.  It's a cool thing I think, for us to recreate a few of the most iconic buildings of the ATL skyline via the unpredictable media that is canned food.  Plus the cans are donated to the Atlanta Food Bank at the end of the event.


Friday – 08 November 2013



The firm visited a small, local pre-cast concrete shop at lunch today.  Interesting process, cool people but I became fixated on the workbench.  I covet that.

Song of the Day: Fatlip - Sum 41

Saturday – 09 November 2013



What happy looks like.


Sunday – 10 November 2013



I landed at Hobby and arrived at the rental lot just in time to bear witness to a wonderful sunset.


Monday – 11 November 2013



Final walked a two site Texas project today – Woodville and Port Arthur.  The client is a German company that harvests pine trees and turns them into pellets for heating fuel at the facility in Woodville; stockpiles and ships them to Europe out of Port Arthur.  I was admittedly more interested in the port than I was the project.  I like big ass ships.

Song of the Day: Simple Man - Junkyard

Tuesday – 12 November 2013



The post-apocalyptic beauty of a Houston oil refinery.


Wednesday – 13 November 2013



First frost.

Song of the Day: Hallelujah - Ryan Adams

Thursday – 14 November 2013



I final walked one of our projects in Tuscaloosa this morning.  It's a factory for another German client.  This one manufactures exhaust systems for Mercedes Benz.  It's a successful facility and will add a little punch to our manufacturing portfolio.    


Friday – 15 November 2013



After our fall retreat, the firm went to the Marietta Museum of History this afternoon.  Down with history as I am, I was stoked.  Interesting fact: the majority of Andrew's Raiders lodged here the night before they stole The General back in the day.  Sweet. 

Song of the Day: Demon Host - Timber Timbre

Saturday – 16 November 2013



Patiently waiting and watching.


Sunday – 17 November 2013



I paused for a moment this morning...before they all fall down.

Song of the Day: Moon In The Water - Dawes  

Monday – 18 November 2013



It's a new beautiful ridiculous Monday morning...let's kick this mule.

Song of the Day: Paralyzer - Finger Eleven

Tuesday – 19 November 2013



Crappy pic of an epic sunset.


Wednesday – 20 November 2013



I had my first site visit to a recycling center that we designed down in Montgomery today.  She's got good bones, no?  A decidedly Southern lunch at a fish shack on the banks of the Alabama River after was an unexpected bonus.  


Thursday – 21 November 2013



It was a cloudy depressing morning until I saw these wonderful fiery ladies marching along MLK.

Song of the Day: When I Fall - Steve Earle

Friday – 22 November 2013



The little cactus blooming in the kitchen window this morning reminded me (yet again) how important it is to always be aware of the hidden silver lining.


Saturday – 23 November 2013



Color.

Song of the Day: Electric Worry - Clutch

Sunday – 24 November 2013



Post first-time-at-church-in-forever lunch.  It was a good day.


Monday – 25 November 2013



I'm as conscious of the passing of seasons this year as I may ever have been.  I dig that.  


Tuesday – 26 November 2013



Perfect, lazy, rainy day with my dog and a book.


Wednesday – 27 November 2013



Belle reluctantly assumed Maynard's vacated co-pilot duties this morning for the Thanksgiving trip to Mississippi.  I gave her a fancy new pink coat for her efforts, so she was cool – looks like a superhero, no?  It was the first time we'd traveled as a family since he passed so we listened to little man's favorites for a bunch of miles out of respect.

Song of the Day: Don't Stop Me Now - Queen

Thursday – 28 November 2013



Thanksgiving morning post-breakfast walk around.  Food.  Family.  Football.  Repeat.

Song of the Day: I Got A Name - Jim Croce

Friday – 29 November 2013



Somewhere in Mississippi.


Saturday – 30 November 2013



Backdoor sunset.

Song of the Day: 7 O'Clock - London Quireboys

No comments:

Post a Comment