31 December 2013

Thirty-One Days in December

Catch up on this project of mine at the links below if you're new to the blog.


Sunday – 01 December 2013



In an effort to do the opposite of what I've always done at Christmas, I decorated – bought a little tree and lights and everything.  It's as close to a Christmas card photo as this family will ever get...Belle seems unsure about all of the nonsense (and I share her hesitation) but it's worth a shot, right?    


Monday – 02 December 2013



Beautiful rainy ATL Monday morning.

Song of the Day: Naive - The Kooks

Tuesday – 03 December 2013



The inevitable delay of a scheduled meeting with a code official this morning gave me a rare opportunity to just wander about.  A rainy day in Savannah is better than a sunny day in the office, all day.  Everyday.  

Song of the Day: Red's Song - The Jayhawks

Wednesday – 04 December 2013



The view from the first Holiday party of the season.

Song of the Day: Default - Django Django

Thursday – 05 December 2013



I took a minute this morning to just be quiet and watch the world be still.


Friday – 06 December 2013



Vickery Creek begrudgingly dragged out and slumped into her drab winter coat this morning. 


Saturday – 07 December 2013



What's that Lou Kahn thing I'm so fond of saying – one cannot appreciate light without darkness or whatever?   


Sunday – 08 December 2013



I thought Autumn would last forever until I walked out to pick up the Sunday paper this morning and realized that all the color was gone.  There is, however a specific beauty in the remaining contrast that's not lost on me.


Monday – 09 December 2013



Where once there was a skyline, now there is a blurry cloudy mess.  I think I'm starting to exhibit the first signs of early onset Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).  

Song of the Day: Desolation Row - Bob Dylan

Tuesday – 10 December 2013



That's a blue sky!  I was starting to believe we'd never see it again!  December is looking up.

Song of the Day: Kodachrome - Paul Simon

Wednesday – 11 December 2013



I punched one of our projects on the south side this morning, had a wonderful home food lunch at The Green Manor in Union City, did actual work for at least a split second this afternoon and had an eye-widening night cap at a gallery opening in Poncey Highlands.  I always tell people to look up.  Nobody looks up.  I look up.

Song of the Day: Vehicle - Ides Of March

Thursday – 12 December 2013



Client Christmas Party in Buckhead, AKA the Ninth Circle of Hell (especially during the holidays).  


Friday – 13 December 2013



Office shenanigans.

Song of the Day: Poison - Alice Cooper

Saturday – 14 December 2013



Perfect Butch show.


Sunday – 15 December 2013



A day of rest with my ace.


Monday – 16 December 2013




It was Monday.  All.  Day.

Song of the Day: Not My Time - 3 Doors Down

Tuesday – 17 December 2013



Christmas in Atlanta is starting to wear on my last nerve – I'm out of focus.


Wednesday – 18 December 2013




My least favorite necessary part of the job – business development lunch...what was that I said about looking up earlier this month?


Thursday – 19 December 2013



The nerve-wrenching layout, last chance for the buyer to flake and bounce before closing the deal.  This pic doesn't do the piece justice.  I'm humbled by the interest and believe the sell will def open some more doors.  Today was an incredible day – so much so that I left this big deal detail out of the story


Friday – 20 December 2013




The moon, ladies and gentlemen.

Song of the Day: I Lost It - Lucinda Williams

Saturday – 21 December 2013




Read more about today here.  


Sunday – 22 December 2013



Strange show in L5P tonight.  I loved it.  It was the perfect punctuation at the end of an odd Sunday sentence.  In other news, today is the anniversary of Joe Strummer's unfortunate passing.

Song of the Day: Joe Strummer - Cowboy Mouth

Monday – 23 December 2013




$20 on a $5 ticket.

Song of the Day: Tooth And Nail - Dokken

Tuesday – 24 December 2013



Back in the 'Sip for the holidays.


Wednesday – 25 December 2013




Christmas morning in Mississippi.  I had a walk with Belle after breakfast and a conversation with my Mom.  I don't have...honestly I don't make enough time for my family.  I've all but missed seeing my brother's girls grow up.  I couldn't tell you the last time I called my sister just to say hello.  It's nice to slow down and catch up.  Belle even had a bit of turkey.  Today was a very good day. 


Thursday – 26 December 2013



I have written a vocal ton and harbor boatloads more negative about small southern towns.  As I pointed my truck east this afternoon, I couldn't remember a single one.  Perspective is a helluva thing.  

Song of the Day: The Boxer - Simon & Garfunkel 

Friday – 27 December 2013



I haven't painted anything of significance since Maynard died.  I woke up this morning and decided to change that.

Song of the Day: Grindstone - Uncle Tupelo 

Saturday – 28 December 2013



Here's this morning's offering.


Sunday – 29 December 2013



Still going.  I haven't had a productive streak like this in months.


Monday – 30 December 2013



Last one...I have to get back to watching football now.


Tuesday – 31 December 2013



Tons of ball time with Belle, State won the Liberty Bowl, now off to see some old friends to ring in the new.  It has been a great day.  Happy New Year everybody!!!  Tomorrow is a brand new day!



No comments:

Post a Comment