02 August 2012

Nine New Pieces

In a concerted effort to follow through on a commitment I made to myself and publicly a few weeks ago, I have been spending more time in my studio.  I will spare you the gory details of the path back to nirvana but suffice to say that July was a very productive month.  I’ve been making art for (25) years or more and the fire hasn’t always burned brightly – it has been stoked into a near constant roar over the last few weeks.

The manner in which I present my work isn’t for everyone.  You may even think it shit and I’m more okay with that than ever before.  For the first time in a long time I’ve been painting and creating what I see, expressing what I feel in the way I feel like doing so.  This awakening has brought great clarity to the creative process for me.  I still do this from time to time, but for years I would paint too much, take it too far.  There is a point when art is being born that is critical for any artist to be aware of and if that moment in time isn’t recognized, the whole project will die – that point where one more drop of paint, one more brush stroke will destroy the entirety of the piece.  I’ve struggled to see that peak since forever and have ruined countless canvases as a result.  I’m seeing it now and I’m more proud of that simple fact than I am the work that’s coming out of my studio these days.  My pulse has quickened and my intentions have never been more true.

What follows is July’s product – nine new pieces.  I remain confounded by the art of photographing art so I apologize for these shots not being stellar. As it’s always been, this work is about color and form and connectivity and…I’ll stop there.  There’s no compelling reason to bore you with hyperbolic pretension.  You will either like it or you won’t regardless of what I say. 

They are all acrylics on canvas and they are all for sale.  Check out my website for more, johncstantzart.com





07.01.12
12" x 24"


07.03.12
10" x 10"



07.04.12
10" x 10"



07.08.12
14" x 18"




07.14.12
24" x 18"




07.19.12
8" x 8"




07.21.12
12" x 6"




07.30.12
24" x 12"




07.31.12
8" x 8"

No comments:

Post a Comment