17 July 2012

I Will Call Her 'Tomorrow'


There is a feral cat in the neighborhood who has taken a shine to me.  I can’t say precisely that this is a feral cat, but it is certainly of the neighborhood variety.  I would actually probably say that this is definitely someone’s pet.  And as far as taking a shine to me, that might not be factually accurate either – it certainly likes to be around my truck at night though.  “Taken a shine” is a funny expression, no?  I’m not sure what it means, if anything.

I feel like I have other things to concern myself with throughout the day, but I find that I’ve expended an exceptional amount of mental energy worrying about the well-being of said kitty when I’m not at home.  This is strange for me on many levels.  I don’t gush over strays.  I don’t worry about that which I cannot affect.  I don’t use the term "kitty". I don't even like cats!  I sure as hell have no desire to hold any dominion over such.  Every night, this ‘hood cat is here – under the tires, chillin’ on the bumper, bathing in the bed, sprawled across the hood ala Tawny Kitaen.  I’ve never seen this kitty anywhere other than intermingling with my truck.

What to do?

I surmised in the last few minutes that I should feed it raw meat, but only occasionally, right?  I don’t believe in having outdoor animals as pets but if I could convince a blood hungry cat to stick around outside that might not suck.  The thought behind being that if there is a seemingly wild animal outside of my house who has developed (through careful planning of course) an affinity for raw flesh then perchance I could reduce my financial home security commitment.  How incredibly awesome would it be to have an attack cat to dissuade the occasional miscreant passerby from profiling one’s crib?  And how embarrassing would it be for those with nefariously intentioned plots to have them foiled by a little kitty cat?

The previous is not the best or most creative idea I’ve ever had, but it is as workable as any solution that I can think of right now.  I developed a wicked allergy to cats since I had one last so I can’t be sure, but I think it’s a female – she has an arrogant, bitchy way.  For the last several days I’ve tried to think of clever names to call her, provided I accepted this into my life.  Allergies notwithstanding, Belle would never be able to co-exist with such an inferior species within the confines of the domicile – pseudo adoption is out of the question.  I don’t want the cat to think I don’t care though so tomorrow I will do…something.

She’s been around now for (9) days in a row, uninterrupted.  Tomorrow will be the tenth day.  If she’s here then, I will call her Tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment